Upgrade your glass
Pilkington energiKare™ Legacy
Using advanced Pilkington Spacia™ technology, this is the world’s first commercially-available vacuum glazing. It allows the manufacture of extremely thin glazing which can be fitted in old style fine frames, maintaining the original appearance of older traditional buildings.
A Double Glazed Unit That Is Only 6.5mm Thick And A Centre Pane U-Value Of 1.4(Ug W/m2K)
Pilkington energiKareTM Legacy provides a similar level of energy efficiency as modern double glazing, but in a unit that is typically only a quarter of the thickness. This brings a new level of thermal performance to older buildings, and opportunities for slim glazing in new buildings.
- The thermal performance of modern double glazing in the same thickness as single glass, offering the opportunity to improve energy efficiency in older traditional buildings.
- A cost effective method of improving the energy efficiency of older homes where glazing choice is restricted or where the original frames are a desirable feature.
- Pilkington provide an extended warranty to your installer. Ask your installer for maintenance guidelines.
- Four times better thermal insulation than single glazing, meaning lower heating bills.
- Suitable as a replacement for single-glazing in original frames, to retain the appearance of older traditional buildings and meet the requirements of conservation areas.
- Suitable for other applications where use of thinner, low weight glazing is desirable, such as sliding box sashes.
- Greater comfort, as cold spots close to the window are reduced.
- Offers good acoustic performance for lower interior noise levels.
- A range of non-rectangular shapes, for flexibility with original frames.
- Proven solution; successfully used in Japan for over a decade.
- Offers reduced levels of internal condensation compared to single glazing.